Utilities and ISOs are under increasing pressure to integrate more renewable energy into the grid while at the same time provide a balanced grid, deliver electric service reliability, and meet sustainability goals. Challenges to increasing the use of renewable sources include the unpredictable intermittency of renewable power and balancing conventional and renewable energy sources. The ability to view and act on the portfolio of wind, solar and other generation resources in the context of demand is essential for stable and predictable operation of the electric grid.
Going Green with Situational Intelligence
Space-Time Insight’s Renewables Intelligence solution allows you to geospatially visualize all renewable sources, determine the impact of wind, cloud cover and other environmental variables on those sources, and faciliates action to be taken to optimize market pricing and energy needs. Using Renewables Intelligence, operators are able to make faster, more informed decisions. Intuitive displays that combine environmental data with feeds from your renewables fleet, facilitate a clear understanding of the renewables resources available now and forecasts for the future.
- Better ability to manage renewables integration
- Optimized utilization of generation and transmission assets
- Improved reliability and capacity from renewable generation resources
- Greater predictability to ensure grid operation from renewable resources
- Simpler management of market uncertainty and regulatory oversight
- Sophisticated prospecting of appropriate wind and solar sites