Situational Intelligence Suite for Transportation
Space-Time Insight’s geospatial and visual analytics solution delivers situational intelligence about real-time operating status of physical components throughout a transportation network and correlates this with multi-source, external information to reduce the risk of operational incidents and accidents, improve efficiency and reliability, and increase worker safety.
Enabling Preventive Action and Planning
The transportation industry is growing in complexity. Networks, infrastructure, technology, speed, and operations research are creating new advancements and hurdles. Increasing operational efficiency and reliability, meeting green standards, advancing workforce safety, improving risk management, upgrading aging technology, adopting new technology and changing accident risk are but a few of the challenges. Spatial, situational intelligence plays a vital role in safe, effective, efficient operations.
How Situational Intelligence Helps
Situational intelligence is a new breed of software that delivers real-time information and analytics in innovative new formats, providing business executives, operations personnel, and customer service managers with the insights they need to excel in their roles.
While situational intelligence incorporates traditional analytics displays, it expands on these with synchronized geospatial views that feature correlation of real-time, historical and predictive data from multiple sources. The insights these applications produce drive a complete understanding of the business across every discipline, inspire more critical analyses of challenges and opportunities, and facilitate a rapid response as a result of those analyses.
Leveraging Situational Intelligence
Companies that leverage the information made accessible through Space-Time Insight's Situational Suite for Transporation will derive a range of benefits that include::
- Greater operational efficiency with enhanced capacity planning
- Higher reliability through advanced situational awareness enhanced by real-time traffic visualization
- Improved workforce safety strengthened by real-time and automated alerts
- Reduced risk of operational incidents and accidents through high-context situational awareness capabilities that faciliate faster evacuations, re-routing and emergency response situations
- Accurate and reliable integration of passenger and shipper information systems with real-time monitoring
- Increased supply chain profitability via advanced capacity planning
- Advanced monitoring of electric power distribution networks, communications and signaling networks, as well as wheel, under-carriage and other sensors
- Sophisticated planning and capacity management
- Rich dashboards and route visualization